A LEED-Silver renewal of the historic Wheeler Hall on Berkeley University campus. The largest classroom building on campus — the 4-story, plus basement, education and administrative office building is a registered national historic landmark and was built in 1917. It is the storied site of student activism and engagement throughout the University's history.
The overhaul and replacement of building systems includes accessibility and life safety improvements, MEPF systems, new telecom infrastructure, elevator modernization and replacement, roofing and waterproofing systems replacement, restoration of windows and interior finish upgrades. The construction closely coordinated with occupied and busy campus activity.