Herrero Builders is seeking a safety manager. This individual will implement Herrero’s environmental health and safety plan (EHS) and related programs at assigned construction projects. The safety manager will work with our project management team and our trade partners to recognize and address potential hazards before they exist and will ensure compliance with our EHS utilizing behavior-based safety techniques. Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
· Coach Herrero and Trade Partners on safety leadership and management practices.
· Foster the development of safety programs and protocols.
· Develop and blend site-specific safety plan(s)that incorporates both Herrero’s and our core market customers’ safe work practices.
· Assist with the continual development of new methods for abating hazards.
· Perform regular jobsite safety audits of worksite activities. Share findings, corrective actions and corrective plans with Herrero project management.
· When necessary, Herrero EHS should utilize every resource necessary, including escalation, to ensure the maintenance of an injury-free environment.
· Help monitor the subcontractor selection process and adherence to established environmental safety and health guidelines.
· Measure team engagement regarding safety management practices.
· Administrative duties may include maintaining regional safety files such as safety training documentation, applicable medical certifications, environmental testing and special associated training, investigation reports including close calls, injury summaries, leading indicator data and other safety and health documentation.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience on construction sites
· Competent person, train-the-trainer, and other activity specific certifications.
· Familiar with Microsoft office suite.
· Strong oral and writing skills.
· Degree in safety management, STS or CHST certification a plus.
· OSHPD experience a plus.
Salary Range: $130,000 - $175,000
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.