The ideal candidate is highly motivated, proactive, bright, detail-oriented, highly organized and is a solid communicator. The Project Engineer Intern role is an entry level position; you will learn construction techniques and how to work with subcontractors. You will be accountable for providing technical and administrative project support. The internship provides learning opportunities on both the field and management career path.
· Assist Preconstruction team with setting up bid documents
· Start building relationships with the office team, field and subcontractors
· Participate in Weekly Sub Meetings
· Prepare submittal register from the spec and create a submittal log which is in alignment with the schedule
· Assist with processing Submittals and RFIs
· Support with compiling, copying and distributing notes in all meetings and share in a timely manner
· Participate in condensed Lean training and begin to learn how to implement Lean tools – 5S, LPS and VIP
· Initial learning on scheduling, LPS documents and the 6-week look ahead including updates for the Owners, Architect, Contractors and Sub meetings
· Support with the updates to the Weekly Work Plan, PPC, and constraints log including completing the monthly assessment of Last Planner System
· Assist with any updates and maintenance of all drawing sets, specifications, and logs
· Perform regular field visits for safety and view progress of the project as well as assess risk
· Take and maintain jobsite photos
· Assist with the administration of the close-out process, which could include punch list, warranty collection and samples, as-built drawings, and commissioning, if applicable
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.