The Assistant Superintendent ensures goals or objectives of a project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters; this position will provide field assistance to facilitate the planning and coordinating of activities for a designated project. The Assistant Superintendent will facilitate and coordinate field trades to maintain positive project flow and ensures project safety, security, productivity & profitability. Ability to run projects to $500K in value with full responsibility of construction operations with little or no oversight.
· Develops and executes the plan for punch list completion; monitors and coordinates all work to
accomplish and the required inspection process to document completion.
· Understands how to reada nd interpret drawings and specifications.
· Understands sequence ofmaterials put in place and assists with ensuring compliance.
· Responsible for verifying accurate layout of the project including dimensions,site utilities,
and other physical improvements.
· Monitors all existing utilities to ensure continued operations.
· Utilizes contract documents, approved submittals, and job schedule to provide answers
to field problems.
· Maintains all field record books in legible condition and turns them over to Superintendent
at project completion.
· Knowledge of subcontractor scope of work and ensures compliance to contract.
· Ensures subcontractors are using current revision of contract documents and shop drawings.
· Understands permit and inspection process for type of project.
· Responsible for accurately verifying established control and in some cases, establishing
and maintaining all physical site dimensions and controls.
· Understands and can work with start-up, RFI, and submittal process.
· Assists with administration and control of the work/subcontractors.
· Can manage the closeout process.
· Develops Weekly WorkPlan on small projects.
· Monitors and expedite smaterials and long lead items in conjunction with project team.
· Understands and assists Superintendent in managing conformance to the overall
· Has a basic understanding of schedule software and is able to navigate.
· Responsible for verifying all benchmarks property lines and corners provided by
· Ensures subcontractors are using current version of contract documents and
· Identifies accuracy o fsubcontractor work.
· Assists in the arranging of site office/project utilities (water, sewer, power, telephones, etc.).
· Assists in administering the job logistics planning.
· Anticipates problems and takes necessary corrective measures.
· Works with Project Manager or Superintendent to prepare price evaluation of minor purchases.
· Understands basic costs for small purchases.
· Engineering,Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent experience
(2-4years as General Foreman).
· Knowledge of jobscheduling, planning, expediting and cost control.
· Ability inproblem-solving.
· Strong sense of urgency.
· Understanding this is anexempt salary position and may require working more than 40/hrs./wk.
· Strong computer skillsincluding MS Office.
· Experience withViewpoint, SharePoint, desired.
· Experience with PlanGrid & BlueBeam
· Knowledge of Operating BuildersLevels.
· Knowledge of industry trends and innovations.
· Skilled in communication, organization, teamwork, accuracy, attention to detail, time management,
craft knowledge, interpretation of contract documents, layout and assistance of others.
· Able to adapt to changing situations.
· Understands how to prioritize and has strong individual time management skills.
· Understanding of Inspection processes & requirements and interpretation report documents.
· Minimum OSHA 30 Training.
· Ability to review submittals, shop drawings & specifications.
· Infection Control Awareness.
· Trained on Cal OSHA regulations.
· Awareness of mechanical system & their functions.
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.