The Superintendent provides overall coordination of designated project(s) to ensure that project(s) are delivered within budget and schedule while building and maintaining a lasting relationship with clients, design team professionals, and subcontractors. The Superintendent facilitates and coordinates field trades to maintain positive project flow as well as maintain and update project schedule. They need to ensure project safety, security, productivity & profitability. Manage team members and maintain a productive /efficient team, mentor as well as train team members. Superintendents will also host production/coordination meetings and pursue job opportunities and participate in job walks. Ability to run projects to $10MM in value. This could be a single or multiple project(s). Individual may have a high level of responsibility on a large project working under a Senior Superintendent.
· Reviews and ensures thatwork is being done by subcontractors per Construction documents,
Subcontract,and industry standards.
· Reviews shop drawings for scope and constructability.
· Solves scope of work problems with subcontractors in conjunction with project management.
· Solid knowledge of all project drawings specification (including RFIs and submittals), and ensures
compliance of all work with the contract documents.
· Monitors daily subcontractor activities for reasonableness and compliance.
· Solid knowledge of construction needed for the project.
· Provide technical assistance to the team and subcontractors.
· Can resolve scope ofwork issues on the project, including with and between subcontractors.
· Can effectively workwith subcontractors to assist them in their trade of work.
· Develops creative solutions for construction methods and sequences to resolve field problems.
· Possesses a solid knowledge of all contract documents including owner contract, correspondence,
and other related material.
· Works with Corporate Safety Director/Manager or project specific Safety Manager to develop
site specific safety plan.
· Leader of safety culture; ensures proper safety behavior and takes measures as needed for
· Leads pre-project start-up meetings in which safety binder is reviewed with subcontractor;
reviews all safety submittals to ensure completeness prior to beginning work.
· Leads as required accident or incident investigation; leads meeting with subcontractor,
reviews results of investigation, and creates a prevention path going forward to ensure
there is not a repeat.
· Partners with Corporate Safety Director/Manager or project specific Safety Manager,
that project safety plan is established and monitored; able to correct measures if needed.
· Able to course correc tsafety plan with Corporate Safety Director/Manager or project specific
Safety Manager if necessary.
· Ensures the basic safety requirements of the project are reviewed during subcontractor
procurement process. Can manage and control workflow and subcontractors; understands
the concept of workflow scheduling.
· Establishes and manages the plan for administration and control of the entire project.
· Anticipates and directs the efficient flow of work to satisfy the project commitments.
· Leads pre-start scope meetings with all subcontractors prior to starting work.
· Leads subcontractor scheduling ,coordination, safety, project meetings, and documents;
participates in OACmeetings as needed.
· Performs all job sites document controls including daily reports, QA/QC, Schedule updates
payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, timesheets, RFIs and field issues
or changes, and any other site activity; keeps daily reports and required documentation per
Herrero Builders Company Standard Operating Procedures.
· Interviews and hires labor as required by project and per Herrero Builders Standard Operating procedures.
· Seeks subcontractors input to develop workable schedule durations.
· Understands the impact of schedule delays on the owner (with respect to equipment
deliveries, move in dates, etc.).
· Records historical data for future use related to schedule and logistics.
· Expedites all work to schedule and adjusts sequencing or durations as needed.
· Develops and manages conformance to the overall project schedule; implements
schedule and leads overall project.
· Communicate effectivelyall schedule needs to staff and subcontractors.
· Monitors schedule; provides a minimum of weekly updates in collaboration
with project management.
· Creative ability to overcome obstacles and regain time if needed by
re-sequencing, logic, or duration adjustments; can course correct as needed;
proactively seeks to better schedule or anticipate impacts and overcome.
· Performs a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts
or interpretation issues to mitigate risk, document, and issue RFI's as required.
· Estimates impact o fchange orders on general conditions.
· Engage in visual,collaborative and location-based planning to simulate production
in the field and elevate the field coordination planning.
· First point of contactfor all personnel and Union issues/disputes at jobsite.
· Advocate for all company policy’s and project delivery methods being used by Herrero Builders.
· Working understanding ofHVAC and electrical systems.
· Has relevant certifications for work being performed.
· 5-10+ years’ experiencewith $50M ($30M), healthcare, commercial, laboratory, education
and/or parking structures construction required.
· Knowledge o fconstruction principles/practices required.
· Experience directing and coordinating trades.
· Experience working with Project Management team including successful completion of projects.
· Demonstrate proficiency in Mentoring.
· Represent Herrero externally industry wide.
· Understanding this is an exempt salary position and may require working more than 40/hrs./wk.
· Full knowledge of computer software, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Viewpoint.
· Proficient in P6 scheduling software.
· Experience with Project Controls software.
· Working knowledge of BIM360, PlanGrid, AutoCAD.
· Knowledge of Lean principles.
· Extensive knowledge and execution of OSHPD requirements/guidelines
· Extensive knowledge and execution of Cal OSHA regulations and maintain compliance.
· Is the construction field leader, promotes teamwork, and takes ownership of the overall job culture,
and moral within the staff and across all trades.
· Working knowledge and understanding of workflow and schedule with thorough understanding of
CPM mechanics and impacts.
· Highly skilled in communication, public relations, organization, teamwork, accuracy,
attention to detail, time management, craft knowledge, interpretation of contract
documents, management of others, layout, conflict resolution, and assistance of others.
· Understanding of Inspection processes, requirements and ability to interpret report documents.
· Ability to review submittals, shop drawings & specifications.
· Infection Control Awareness.
· Trained on Cal OSHA Trained Competent person for project specific safety items.
· Understanding of mechanical system & their functions.
· Leader in acquiring, required project closeout documents.
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.