Herrero Builders, Inc. (Herrero) is a San Francisco-based commercial general contractor, operating in the Bay Area since 1955, developing substantial new construction, seismic upgrades, and tenant improvements for healthcare, schools, workplace, retail, historic, and hospitality buildings. In this position you will work with company leadership to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies. You will be part of the Herrero marketing team and have responsibility for marketing collateral, proposal production, brand implementation, social media, and other internal/external communications pieces. This position will report to the Manager of Marketing and Communications Strategy.
· Support the development of Herrero’s client-facing marketing materials including: qualifications packages, competitive proposals, and winning interview strategies – the right candidate can produce polished, tailored, and inspired proposal and interview documents and can assemble supporting graphics and materials for an on-time print or electronic delivery.
· Own the pursuit process end-to-end; prepare and submit responsive packages to various clients’ Request for Qualifications (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
· Manage the pursuit-specific processes and workflows, including scheduling check-in meetings, collecting input from key personnel, assembling documents, and leading the pursuit team through timely draft reviews and a successful submission.
· Create visually appealing graphics and draft elevated messaging, which reflect an understanding of customer intent/vision and goals for the project.
· Contribute to Herrero’s on-going business development efforts by supporting thoughtful touchpoints with customers, establishing priorities and target markets, and developing appropriate collateral for marketing-related inquiries.
· Regularly update and catalogue standard marketing files such as images, resumes, project data sheets, templates, and other written narratives.
· Assist in the propagation of our brand by implementing visibility strategies and representing Herrero in the marketplace.
· Develop and implement marketing, PR, web content and social media strategies that enhance our brand value.
· Post regular updates to Herrero’s social media channels consistent with the branding strategy. Create a variety of written, visual, and interactive content that conveys stories across appropriate social media channels while maintaining a consistent voice that represents the brand and adjusts to the tone and style for specific target audiences.
· Support the development and execution of integrated internal/external communication plans that drive and support company strategies and goals. Regularly partner with company departments (People, Operations, and Safety) in the development of event, conference, recruiting, and other presentation materials.
· Develop a deep understanding of Herrero company culture, our business, and the greater Bay Area construction industry – help to build and sustain the company’s authentic message and reputation to produce truly great results.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing/Communications, English, Graphic Design or a related field.
· Minimum 5 years relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role within the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C)industry.
· Software skills, including MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Excellent Graphic Design capabilities with deep experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
· Brings a strategic understanding of what it takes to win competitive pursuits.
· Demonstrated ability to create visually appealing materials.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to articulate organizational and team differentiators.
· Corporate Branding experience.
· Ability to work under high pressure deadline/deliverable driven environments.
· Ability to prioritize internal and external client needs.
· Flexible, self-motivated, comfortable shifting priorities, responding to short term deadlines and carrying a heavy and diverse workload.
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.