Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Financial Manager is the point person for all financial and accounting activities for the new UCSF Parnassus Heights Hospital project. This position interacts directly with all levels of project staff, including Project Executives, Project Managers, Superintendents, subcontractors, owners and consultants, providing trusted insight into the financial health of project and the overall operations. The primary focus of this position includes evaluating project costs, data reporting/analysis for management and budgeting/forecasting. This position will also focus on the same to internal company operations including revenue recognition and profitability. This position has a responsibility to keep Project Leadership informed of the project’s financial performance and provides advice on all financial matters.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & ACCOUNTING
· Leads the team of general contractor, subcontractors, designers and owner in the project budgeting process.
· Manage a team of cost engineers and accountants.
· Work with subcontractors on Resource Loaded Work Plans (RLWP) and financial forecasts that align with contract values and forecasts.
· Partners with other financial managers, proactively plans, organizes, and executes financial objectives related to the project and Joint Venture.
· Leads project financial forecasting efforts, forecast reviews, use of historical and trending data to validate forecast, and follows Project and JV standards for cost and revenue reporting.
· Highlights variances from the budget and reports significant issues to management.
· Calculates and issues financial metrics.
· Co-facilitates risk and opportunity review process and meetings with project leaders.
· Supports team with decision making by assuring proper identification, quantification, and communication of financial risks and opportunities. Also supports team members by analyzing and reporting proper job cost information.
· Performs in-depth analysis of project financial results to identify opportunities for improvement and proactively resolves problems. Reports and presents this information on a regular basis to leadership. Participates in planning the project objectives, methods and resources of short and long-range project financial operations.
· Assists in the management and reconciliation of Potential Change Items (PCIs). Compiles backup for owner change orders.
· Manages budget transfers for owner and subcontractor change order process.
· Oversees, coordinates and responsible for project construction accounting functions, including customer invoicing, accounts receivable and revenue, and supports preparation and aggregation of project cash flow projections on a monthly basis.
· Prepares financial packages for HBW leadership and other needs/meetings.
· Leads and/or supports implementation and continuous improvement of financial and accounting processes.
· Provides oversight and feedback to project team to enable them to better understand and communicate financial reports and data.
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing accounting and related project controls policies and procedures.
· Leads process for advance billing process.
· Leads process for Project Profit Distribution for all IFOA Parties.
· Trains project team members, subcontractors and new employees on ERP System, including project set up, budgeting, PCI’s and forecasting.
· Participates in the necessary cost evaluation, projection and analysis required for proper cost control and reporting, including the evaluation of current reports and design of new reports to enhance reporting accuracy.
· Work with estimating team on reporting forecasted costs compared to targets
· Cashflow projections for project and client
· All other financial reporting for project
· Manages project and client audits when required.
· Reviewing of all labor rates for Builders to ensure in alignment with auditors approved breakdown prior to billing
· Follows and implements proper internal controls, and acts as a main point of contact for any internal or external financial audits
· Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Drives continuous improvement throughout the project and promotes positive change. Able to identify and improve systems and procedures while maintaining attention to detail.
· Earns trust and credibility, displays excellent customer service skills and operational commitment and adherence from project staff to standard company processes.
· Builds the capability of the financial staff by selecting, orientating, and training employees.
· Promotes financial staff job satisfaction and career development by coaching, mentoring, teaching, setting clear expectations, and monitoring.
· Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and leadership abilities.
· Capability to handle multiple priorities with good organizational and time management skills.
· Advanced communication skills with ability to interact with people in all areas of the project and company and ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-site, fast growing organization.
· High level of professionalism with strong values and character that aligns with core company values.
· Strong work ethic and eagerness to produce high quality results along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
· Reviews and understands contract and change orders, including insurance, taxes, payment terms and financial impact of California labor laws.
· Highly skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, Power BI, CMiC and other data analytics tools.
Minimal travel to other offices or project sites.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction worksites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
· You have a minimum of 5 years of related work experience including: business administration, accounting, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, forecasting, financial reporting, payroll, tax, labor law and union financial experience, including percentage completion project accounting environment experience.
· You have outstanding knowledge and understanding of applicable California laws and regulations.
· Ideally you have experience in the Construction, Engineering, or Architecture industry preferred.
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.