In this position, you will be an integral part of a dedicated Project Team and will support and work with the owner and the project team to ensure billings and payables are processed accurately and in a timely manner. This position is full time at the project site. You will be assigned to the UCSF New Hospital at Parnassus Heights Project (NHPH), a tri-venture project comprised of Herrero Builders, the Boldt Company, and Webcor Builders, collectively referred to as the HBW Project Team. As such, you will have a dual reporting relationship into both HBW and Herrero Builders.
· Work with the project team and owner representatives to ensure the accurate and timely processing of invoices, payables, and billings, per the terms and conditions of the owner contract and in accordance with Herrero Builder’s guidelines.
· Ensure timely identification, and communication of problems and/or issues to the Project Manager.
· Work with Project Team(s) to identify, document, and implement “best practices” processes and procedures.
· Input subcontracts and change orders into the enterprise accounting system.
· Input owner budgets and change orders into the enterprise accounting system.
· Process vendor invoices/subcontract payments and retention requests.
· Input and maintain preliminary lien information.
· Review, input, and maintain subcontractor insurance information.
· Collect subcontractor, vendor and supplier lien releases as required.
· Prepare and submit deficiency Hold Notices.
· Work with the Project Team to ensure timely Project close out – solicitation of final releases.
· Maintain all Job Accounting files.
· Follow up on Accounts Receivable.
· Must have 3-5 years construction accounting experience.
· Viewpoint and/or CMIC software experience is a plus, but experience in multiple Construction based accounting software applications is desired.
· Understanding how to track, pay, manage, and work with all our subcontractors.
· Prior experience with budgets, monthly billings, change orders, contracts, lien waivers, and insurance.
· The ability to exhibit discretion & confidentiality when managing the various bill rates.
· Must be accurate and detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to work independently and as a team player in supporting both owner representatives & project teams.
· Reliable, dependable, and flexible.
· Strong effective English communication and telephone skills.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $115,000
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.