We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Manager/People Business Partner with broad experience in key areas of HR management – Recruitment, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Benefits, Employee Relations, and HR Compliance & Policy Development. The successful candidate will work with all levels of the Company and must demonstrate professional discretion, independent judgment, strong initiative and follow through, and a customer service orientation with a focus on developing and modeling the Herrero Builders Core values. This position will report to the Knowledge Area Leader, People. This position can be based in either our San Francisco or Walnut Creek location. While much of the role can be performed from home, there is an expectation to spend time in the offices and/or at project sites when valuable or necessary to meet business needs.
· Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
· Create a vision and goals for a HR team and inspire and motivate the team to achieve excellence in terms of customer support and core HR processes.
· Hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
· Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills.
· Advanced project management skills: ability to lead projects, influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results.
· Success in creating and driving effective and positive employee relations, retention, and reward programs.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”.
· Foster what makes Herrero Builders special – help continue to bring our values to life with a focus on engagement, partnering with business leaders to provide engagement insights and in driving action to improve employee experience.
· Drive equity and risk mitigation of employee performance by providing employee relations advice and coaching. Ensure policies and practices are clear and consistently applied.
· Take the lead on maintaining policies and processes, where needed craft updated ones, to ensure compliance with regional, state, and federal laws and regulations.
· Oversee the management and administration of company benefits including leading annual open enrollment in partnership with the HR Generalist.
· Manage all Leave of Absences and work closely with payroll to ensure they are smooth and stress-free.
Education and Experience:
· 7+ years of experience in Human Resources.
· Prior Leadership experience, preferably in an HR Manager or equivalent role.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field or a combination of relevant experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Exercise a high degree of professionalism and communication with confidential information.
· Strong process and project management skills, and ability to translate vision into action.
· Strong result and detail orientation.
· Self-starter who can take a project and run with it.
· Stellar internal and external customer service focus.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to anticipate business needs and identify programs and/or solutions that facilitate organizational advancement.
· Demonstrated creativity in offering innovative solutions.
· Deep knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and statutes for employment.
· Strong, positive, and clear verbal + written communication skills.
· Ability to both execute + evaluate opportunities for process improvement.
· Sense of humor, a positive outlook with a “can-do” attitude!
· Highly collaborative work style with balanced +empathetic approach to building relationships.
· Some experience with compensation benchmarking and programs - nice to have
· Strong demonstrated professionalism, compassion, judgment, and tact - not necessarily in that order.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and capacity to learn new HR software.
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.