The intent of the Field Engineer position is to support the field operations in an effort to create a seamless execution of the project scope. Manage and upload Construction Documents (RFI’s, ASI, ACD’s Submittals, etc.). Maintain an upload construction documents. RFI’s, ASI, ACDs and Submittal as well as inspection request logs. Update and maintain job site signage for safety and scheduling. This position can lead to a Superintendent career path.
· Ensures proper fieldengineering on project.
· Ensures occupancy andinspection processes are completed, as necessary.
· Regularly reviews thequality and progress of the work in the field; ensures any
deficiencies arecorrected to completion.
· Has the ability toconvey the project quality expectations to the project team
· Ensures compliance withall testing and inspections; corrects deficiencies.
· Manages testing andinspection process and ensures positive relationships with agencies.
· Leads development andimplementation of project quality plans.
· Assist Superintendentwith development and implementation of project quality plans.
· Monitors and manages deficiencies to quality plans and works to completion.
· Manages punch list to completion.
· Identifies accuracy of subcontractor work.
· Create agendas for dailyand weekly field meetings, utilizing the standard
· Coordinate meeting room space, as required, for field meetings.
· Assist Superintendents with visual displays within the field.
· Assist Superintendents in process management.
· Record commitments and items discussed during weekly meetings and provide meeting
· Assist Superintendent in quality control of the constraint log.
· Review and provide feedback of items entered onto constraint log the require
· Assists Superintenden tin developing the Weekly Work Plan.
· Works with other team members to solicit any missing information from constraint log.
· Understand how to tieitems from the constraint log to vPlanner and/or P6.
· Collaborate with ProjectManagement team and Project Engineers on small
project scope reviews asexpedite RFI’s and Submittals.
· Collaborate with Project Management team and Project Engineers in tracking and follow up
items locate don the constraint log.
· Works closely with Superintendent to ensure a safe project site.
· AidSuperintendent/Assistant Superintendent to maintain a clean and organizeproject site by
implementation of Lean principals.
· Learn to read palsn andspecifications, implement and properly coordinate subcontractors to
maintainscheduled duration and achieve milestones.
· Shall implement projectplanning and construction activities, material, equipment staging,
deliveries and other logistic issues as directed by Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent.
· Able to walk with inspectors and confirm conformance with approved drawings.
· Understands the application of field engineering controls for cost, schedule, and quality as
it related to the building process.
· Eager to learn and have a teachable attitude.
· Engineering,Construction Management or Architectural degree or equivalent on the
· Awareness ofconstruction principals.
· Awareness of Cal OSHAregulations.
· Awareness of jobscheduling, planning, expediting and cost control principals.
· Aware of problem-solvingprincipals.
· Ability to understand fieldconflicts and draft complete RFI.
· Strong computer skills including MS Office.
· Experience with Viewpoint, SharePoint, desired.
· Experience with Planner, P6 desired.
· Experience with designing and implementing a 5S plan (desired).
· Advocate for the customer, for the project and for all Stakeholders.
· Ability to collaborate.
· Identify the project as a network of commitments.
· Optimize the whole by couple learning with action.
· Must be a clear and effective communicator.
· Relentless commitment to problem solving, innovation and continuous improvement.
· Develop and enforce standard process as a basis for eliminating waste and increasing
reliability in the work we do.
· Must be self-motivated and capable of working on their own.
· Understanding this is an exempt salary position and may require working more
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.