The Contract/Insurance Coordinator will support and work with our project teams and accounting teams to ensure we are managing our exposure and risks by maintaining fully executed contracts & commitments, and accurately tracking & updating the insurance status of our vendors and subcontractors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Monitor the receipt and follow-up on various contract requirements (i.e. insurance certificates, change orders, ensure all contracts and change orders are dully executed and saved where required).
· Review all contracts & change orders in order to update the Accounting Jobs in Progress workbook with required information.
· Manage and track status of Owner Contract Checklist for all projects.
· Receive Job Set up requests, ensure appropriate documentation is received.
· Enter new jobs in the company ERP system.
· Once contracts are in place, coordinate with our insurance Broker to obtain necessary Insurance Certificates and review Certificate for contract compliance.
· Coordinate annual Insurance Certificate updates with our Broker to ensure timely distribution and receipts per our owner contracts.
· Ensure compliance documents are entered in the company ERP and saved in accordance with the Company’s procedures and process.
· Support the project teams with the enrollment and compliance process for all OCIP’s, CCIP’s, and UCIP’s.
· Manage the subcontractor prequalification process in Building Connected, ensuring that information is current and approved in a timely manner.
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum of 2-5 years working as a contract /insurance administrator
· Minimum two years of construction experience
· Familiarity with insurance and risk management concepts
· Ability to read and understand contract and insurance documents and forms
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of basic computer spreadsheet applications
· Viewpoint software experience is a plus, but experience in multiple Construction based accounting software applications is desired
· CRIS (Construction Risk Insurance Specialist) is highly-preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and stand; The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands.Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, and occasionally performs work on-site at construction worksites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Employee views computer monitor frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts.
· Timeliness in completing assignments
· Accurate work product
· Adherence to Company policies and Corporate Procedures manual
· Confidentiality and fiscal integrity
· Positive team attitude
· Taking initiative and ability to work independently
· Customer/Client satisfaction
· Reliability, and availability to support both owner and project team needs
At Herrero, we are obsessed with finding great people to help us lead and transform the construction industry. We are all about LEAN and we've made it our mission to discover and deliver value better than anyone—we are in fact obsessed with it. If this excites you more than it scares you, we definitely want to hear from you. Our hiring is based first and foremost on our core values. Yes, experience matters too but not at the expense of our core values. Alignment with our culture and core values is the first step in building a success career at Herrero. Below you'll find a list of our current positions. If you don’t see a role that fits your background, we still want to hear from you! Please submit a General Application.